It’s fall, and winter weather is on the way. There aren’t many things worse than that first cold morning and finding out that your heat isn’t working. What can you do to prevent this?
- A great way to prevent this is to get a fall tune-up from Danny Larcom Heating and Air. Here are some of the things that are checked during this process.
- Replace filters that are provided by the customer.
- Inspect ignition burner assembly
- Examine heat exchanger or heating elements
- Inspect flue system for any possible issues
- Inspect for gas leaks with a gas furnace
- Assess gas pressure
- Check pulleys and belts if applicable
- Clear drain lines and pans
- Check electrical connections
- Lubricate motors, bearings, and other moving parts
- Test thermostat and controls to make sure temperatures and timer functions are correctly set
- Check fan and blower operation and adjust as needed
- Visually inspect for any signs of refrigerant leaks (Heat pumps)
- Inspect cabinet for leaks and check cabinet door for secure closure
- Check for debris around outside unit
After the inspection our techs will let you know if there is any maintenance needed or if your unit is ready to keep you comfortable this winter. As always, your comfort is our business.
Have a wonderful day!